Mind on the Job episode 06 is about Designing & coaching terrific teams!
When a group of people get together under the right conditions, they can make a successful team — one whose collective capability is greater than the sum of its parts. But not all teams are effective, and some are downright dysfunctional.
So why aren’t all teams effective? What conditions are necessary for a team to work well? What else can we provide, and what can leaders do, to maximise team effectiveness?
Go to MindOnTheJob.com for more resources on this topic.
More resources on this topic:
- The Team Diagnostic Survey (a team assessment tool discussed in the episode);
- One of the guests on the show, Dr Ruth Wageman, wrote the book on leadership teams;
- A co-author of that book, the late Professor Richard Hackman, also wrote books about leadership, such as this one about solving difficult problems in teams;
- What can leaders do besides coaching? Read Ruth’s article on the 60-30-10 rule;
- Are you in Perth, Australia? On October 13 2017 Dr Ruth Wageman will be delivering a workshop on the principles of effective teamwork.