Ruth Wageman is one of the foremost scholars and practitioners studying and working with teams, especially leadership teams. The core of Ruth’s research, teaching, and consulting has been focused on the conditions that influence superb team performance for the last thirty years. Ruth’s work places particular emphasis on teams whose purpose is to solve complex problems and lead system transformation. She builds collaborative leadership capacity within and across organizations, especially with multi-stakeholder leadership groups working to transform regional health. Ruth has been a professor at Columbia, Dartmouth, and Harvard, where she has led many original research programs about the design and leadership of teams. Widely published in both academic literature and in the business press, Ruth wrote “Senior Leadership Teams: What it Takes to Make them Great,” (HBS Press) with Deb Nunes, Jim Burruss, and Richard Hackman, as well as many seminal articles published in Organization Science, Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Review and Journal of Organiztional Behavior. Ruth designed the Team Diagnostic Survey with Richard Hackman and Erin Lehman. It is a powerful, well-validated assessment that measures team effectiveness and how well the Six Conditions that drive effectiveness are established for a team; she also leads accreditation workshops and supervises coaches in the use of the instrument in their practice.
Education & Accreditations:
- PhD., Organizational Behavior, Harvard University
- Masters in Social Psychology, Harvard
- Bachelors of Arts, Psychology, Columbia College, Columbia University
- Director of Stewardship, ReThink Health
- Visiting Scholar, Harvard Dept. of Psychology
- Professor of Management, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth
- Director of Research, Hay Group
- Leadership Fellow, Center for Public Leadership, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Professor of Management, Columbia Graduate School of Business Administration, Columbia University
Pauline is an Australian Organisational Psychologist & one of the foremost thinkers and leaders in professional practice associated with developing leaders and teams. She began working with teams as a Continuous Quality Improvement Facilitator & Coach in Healthcare organisations in the early 1990’s before qualifying as a full member of the College of Organisational Psychologists in 1997. Born in Oxford UK Pauline emigrated to Australia as a child migrant in 1975 where she Studied Organisational Psychology at the University of Western Australia. After commencing work in the UK Pauline has also qualified as a Chartered Occupational Psychologist & holds registration to practice & supervise in both Australia & the UK. Pauline works internationally with clients Australia, UK, Europe, UAE & the US. Having discovered TDS Survey following publication of the ‘Theory of Team Coaching article published in 2005, she connected and collaborated with Richard Hackman & his team. She has been closely involved with the redevelopment of the Team Diagnostic Survey for commercialisation and is a co-instructor as well as a co-ordinating supervisor for the new Team Diagnostic Survey Certification Programme.
Pauline is also a thought leader in the Coaching & Mentoring community. Founding the Coaching & Mentoring Network in 1999, she has been involved in many of the key projects associated with the professionalisation of Coaching & Mentoring. She is active in both Coaching & Psychological communities of practice & is currently the Western Australian State Chair of the Australian Psychological Society’s College of Organisational Psychology as well as being Lead Judge for the Leadership & Coaching Category of the Australian Workplace Excellence Awards. Pauline remains to be an external advisor & member of the Business Advisory Group for the Business School at Oxford Brookes University. Pauline is also an assessor & learning advisor for Masters level Coaching, Neuroscience of Leadership & Forensic Psychology programmes awarded by Middlesex University.
Past roles associated with the development of Coaching & Mentoring as a profession include:-
- Past chair of the BPS Special Group in Coaching Psychology
- Founding executive board member of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council
- Member of the Accreditation Committee of the Czech Coaching Association
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development’s Coaching at Work Faculty
Krister Lowe, M.A., Ph.D., CPCC is an Organizational Psychologist, an Executive & Team Coach, and a Podcaster. Krister is the Host of the The Team Coaching Zone podcast–a weekly interview show that explores the art and science of team coaching–and that has a listenership in more than 130 countries around the world. Dr. Lowe is a specialist in team coaching, conflict resolution and performance management and has more than fifteen years of experience consulting to diverse organizations in more than 25 countries throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and the Americas. His coaching, consulting, facilitation and training interventions have reached more than 25,000 people globally. He has expertise in a number of sectors including: international organizations, professional services, financial services, information technology, foundations, pharmaceuticals and education. Krister holds both a Master of Arts Degree and a Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Social-Organizational Psychology from Columbia University. He has completed a number of additional training and certification programs including:
- Coaches Training Institute (CTI): Coach Training & Certification Program (CPCC)
- Academy of Executive Coaching (AoEC): Systemic Team Coaching Certificate Training Program
- Pyramid Resource Group: The Team Advantage Team Coach CertificateTraining Program
- Team Coaching International (TCI): Team Coaching Master Class Certificate Training Program
- Certified Team Diagnostic Survey Practitioner by Team Diagnostics, LLC.
- Certified Team Emotional Intelligence Survey Practitioners by GEI Partners and Ei World
- Columbia University’s Certificate in Conflict Resolution at the International Center for Cooperation & Conflict Resolution (ICCCR)
- Mediator Certification in New York State
- NBI Thinking Preferences Assessment Certification (www.NBICertification.com)
- LeaderNation 360 Degree Multi-Rater Feedback Instrument Certification (www.LeaderNation.com)